Sunday, November 6, 2011

EEEK!!!

Have you ever stepped outside of yourself and really looked at what others see and kinda panic?!?!?!  I've done this a LOT lately - and I do not mean what they see in the physical.  I believe that most people find me friendly and loving and that those closest to me know my heart and understand that I desire only the best for anyone and everyone.  However, I'm pretty sure that (at least in the past year), people haven't looked at me and said, "wow!  That girl loves JESUS!!!" 
This is quite humbling to admit and as I do, I find myself cringing.  Allowing circumstances and behaviors to rule in my life instead of Him - to be discouraged by a couple people's words about my positivity and just shut down altogether. . . that is NOT what I want my life to portray.  I want my life to show just a glimpse - a small sliver - of the grace and mercy and love that God has shown to me.  Even this tiny bit would be so profound and so amazing because His level of grace, mercy and love is incomprehensible.  It would be really great to have these "out of body experiences" and actually be somewhat pleased with what I see.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not throwing a pity party - I am simply asking for your forgiveness for past behaviors and giving you, my friends, the permission to hold me accountable to who I want to be - to who God created me to be - the best "me" that I can be!!!!!

I was going to post Isaiah 1:16-18 from NKJV, but then I found it in The Message.  Ya'll - let me just say. . . "ouch, that hurt!!!"

Isaiah 1:16-18

The Message (MSG)

 13-17"Quit your worship charades.
   I can't stand your trivial religious games:
Monthly conferences, weekly Sabbaths, special meetings—
   meetings, meetings, meetings—I can't stand one more!
Meetings for this, meetings for that. I hate them!
   You've worn me out!
I'm sick of your religion, religion, religion,
   while you go right on sinning.
When you put on your next prayer-performance,
   I'll be looking the other way.
No matter how long or loud or often you pray,
   I'll not be listening.
And do you know why? Because you've been tearing
   people to pieces, and your hands are bloody.
Go home and wash up.
   Clean up your act.
Sweep your lives clean of your evildoings
   so I don't have to look at them any longer.
Say no to wrong.
   Learn to do good.
Work for justice.
   Help the down-and-out.
Stand up for the homeless.
   Go to bat for the defenseless.
 18-20"Come. Sit down. Let's argue this out."
   This is God's Message:
"If your sins are blood-red,
   they'll be snow-white.
If they're red like crimson,
   they'll be like wool.
If you'll willingly obey,
   you'll feast like kings.
But if you're willful and stubborn,
   you'll die like dogs."
That's right. God says so.



Today, I am thankful for God's Forgiveness and that His mercies are new every morning. 
Lamentations 3:22-23