Okay, so it wasn't THAT long ago. BUT - just shy of 4 years ago, I hugged my momma, said my goodbyes and backed out of our driveway in Little Rock to follow the most amazing man to the land of "Tulsa" to pursue his dream of flying. I remember my mother-in-law saying just before we left, "it's always hard leaving Egypt". I can't tell you how many times that has come back to me and held me through what seemed like a "wandering in the wilderness". The first time it came back was just about an hour later when we received a call that we did not have the apartment we had signed for just a few days earlier. It was just as we stopped to have lunch with Daddy & Judy and to be honest, it would've been so very easy to enjoy that lunch and drive back home to Little Rock. I remember Matt looking at me as if searching for the answer and me just responding "we have to do this - we'll figure it out when we get there". We arrived in Tulsa, stopping at my brother's house - he was going to help us get a storage unit and figure out a plan. He & his wife had emptied their daughter's room for us - and we lived, graciously, in that room (all four of us) for over 2 months. It may not have been ideal for anyone involved, but God made a way in an impossible situation. The next four years seemed to follow that pattern - rising, believing and then SLAM - a setback of some sort. But through it all - we've never doubted God's provision and He has never failed us - and we've had the opportunity to show our children what it means to persevere and push HARD to pursue a dream and a vision.
 |
| C on Dad's very first flight - ever - his "discovery flight" at Spartan |
 |
| Yup - she really was this little at one time. This photo was taken about 6 months after moving to Tulsa and its one of my favorites!! |
 |
| We went on a date to Stillwater - Daddy & Judy happened to be there at the time. I must admit - that was the coolest thing EVER!!!!!!! |
 |
| I don't think a caption is really needed for this. I love everything about what this photo says about us. :) |
Today I am so very proud to tell you that my amazing husband - the love of my life, has finished school. His last course flight was today - and he passed with flying colors (pun fully intended). He takes his final (at least for this stage in our life) FAA exam later this week and should start instructing flight in early June. Getting paid to do what he loves to do - I couldn't be more proud and more happy to be his wife and partner in this adventure.