Sunday, March 24, 2013

What a week!!!

Matt's nephew, Jace, was due March 13.  That's where the certainties of the past 2 weeks ends.  :)  On March 15, we decided to go ahead and make the trip so we could be there when he made his grand entrance.  Turns out, we just had a great weekend visit because Jace was not ready to join us!  We were able to visit with Daddy & Judy and then spent Saturday hanging out with Mom (Matt's mom) and his brother & sister-in-law, Danny & Abbie - the soon-to-be proud parents.  They were gracious enough to allow me to indulge in my favorite thing - DAFFODILS!!!!!


We then spent the evening with my parents, followed by a visit to Jubilee Church with my mom.  My youth pastors are now senior pastors, and it was so great to see so many people that I haven't seen in 13+ years!!!!

With no news of labor, we made the trek back home. . . . . . .
Less than 24 hours later, Abbie was in labor - Jace was on his way!  Already showing the world that he was in charge!!!  Momma was in labor for 24 hours and did so with grace and poise - so very proud of her - AND DAD!! 
Born 3-19-13, 7:56am;  7lb 8oz;  20.5"
He was well worth the wait.  While we wouldn't be able to see him for a few more days, Danny & Abbie kept us fully involved with pics and texts - we were so blessed to be a part, even if we were only there in spirit!!!

The day finally came - we got to love on this sweet little man.  He is so precious, and we absolutely loved watching Danny & Abbie in their roles as Daddy & Mommy.

I'm so glad momma didn't take too long to hand him over. ;)  I could've held him forever. . . but momma has the good stuff - aka FOOD!

I'm pretty sure their trying to influence his college football decisions early on

Someone call Guinness because he seriously has the longest toes - EVER!!! So stinking cute!!!!

He thinks his Uncle Matt is pretty silly.  Uncle Matt thinks Jace is pretty awesome!

"Unkie Ninny" is now "Daddy" - and such an amazing one at that!!!
 
 
We ended this adventure with an anniversary dinner last night - celebrating 10 of the most amazing years of my life - and then visiting our "home" church this morning.  Yet another opportunity to see people that we've missed so very much since leaving Arkansas. 
 
I'm pooped - but my heart is full. :)
 
Ready to sleep in my own bed,
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I just im'ed you realizing my absorption into my own world, finally asking about this weekend...and then saw this post and got to read all about it! I LOVE it! He is so precious. I love the baby fuzzy hair. So glad you got to see him and spend time with your family!

    ReplyDelete