Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Going home for Christmas

The day we left, I must've heard 20 songs that were appropriate for our upcoming trip.  To name a few. . . "Going Home for Christmas (Coming on a Train)", "Two-step 'Round the Christmas Tree", "I'll Be Home for Christmas". . . . . the problem is - I can't get them out of my head now. 
I've posted all of these pictures on facebook, but it's hard to give commentary when you're uploading 200+ pictures, so here goes.
We started our fabulous weekend at Nana's house (Matt's mom).  She got a new bed, so Matt was happy to not sleep on the couch!!  Probably TMI, but exciting news for us, so thought I'd share!  :)  The next morning, we were joined by Danny & Abbie (Matt's brother & sister-in-law) and Grams (Matt's grandma). . . . Grumps joined us later.
We enjoyed our brunch together followed by PRESENTS!!!!!!!!!!!  Some of my favorite pictures came from this adventure. . . .
<><><><>
</></></></>
Somebody's happy!!!


Who doesn't melt with that smile.  Seriously?!?!?!
HAPPY faces!!!
Matt & I LOVE our new wall portrait!  Thanks, Mom!!!

This is Mom2's new digital camera that we gave her.  We're hoping for a quicker turnaround on pics this way.  4 years later, I'm still waiting for P's Dedication pics to be developed.  (HA!XOXOXO)

Later that day, we went to my Mom & Dad's house (Grandma & Opa).  We had a blast!  Tons of laughter and fellowship and Aunt Jany joined us the whole time (excluding her 10 hour hiatus to sleep at her own house).  We had a fire:
and food:

and more presents!

Jany LOVES her Dirt Devil that C & I picked out!
One of my FAVORITE pics from the weekend!!!!!!!!

Look!  Opa got Rocky Horror Picture Show (P's trying to figure that one out).

C is very excited about his new savings account! :)  It's permanent (excluding the option to use a can opener!)
Jany made me a beautiful wall print (she painted it - isn't she oober talented?!?!?) to go with our new bedroom dressings! :)

I know. . . this picture doesn't really fit, but for some reason I like this picture.  HA!
Daddy is working hard to get that baby doll out of it's box!  He's a good-lookin' daddy if I do say so myself!  Just thought I'd throw that in there!

I got a little ahead of myself. . . . we actually did the presents on Christmas Eve and the food on Christmas, but it just seemed right to include the only picture of the food with the fire & presents!  :)
On Christmas Day, Nana, Grams & Grumps joined us at Grandma & Opa's house for a combined family dinner.  Those are always my favorite.  No choosing, no extreme overeating and always tons of fun because we all get along so well (Thank you, Father!).  We ate until we almost exploded and then spent the rest of the afternoon just visiting.  Grandma got loads and loads of love from the grandbabies:

And Mom2 & I did what we do best - goof off (aka, laughing until there are tears in our eyes)
Jany did her fair share of being goofy too, but Matt must've finally decided to put the camera down. 

We count ourselves extremely blessed to have spent Christmas back home this year.  :)

On Christmas Eve, we stayed up until 3:30 on Christmas morning and Christmas night we wondered to bed at midnight.  SO. . . . . . by the time we headed to Papa & Nana's (Daddy & Judy) on Sunday morning, we were exhausted!!!!  BUT - that didn't stop the guys from hitting the road the moment we arrived!

We were fortunate to be able to spend some time with Nana before she went back to take care of Granny (her momma is winning a battle with leukemia) and, of course, there were presents involved:
After spending a relaxing day with my daddy and cooking breakfast together on Monday morning (one of my favorite things!), we headed out to Grandpa & Mammaw's house (Matt's Grandpa & step-grandma) on our way back to Oklahoma.  Mammaw had just been informed that the nuclear test she was doing meant she couldn't be around the grandbabies - she was heartbroken and this momma felt for her.  We missed her terribly, but still enjoyed our visit.  We were so busy visiting that the camera barely made it out, but it did capture some. . . . you guessed it!  PRESENTS!!!!  Note: If my children ever complain about not having anything, pop them for me, will ya?!?!?!  :)

Just for the record - our kids are A-DOR-A-BLE!!!!!
The final leg of the trip home was beautiful.  I'm still adjusting to a new camera (not as fast as I'd like to), but hopefully this captured some of what I miss so much about Arkansas - it's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!


 And that concludes our most amazing Christmas 2010!!!!!  Thank you flying Kent Airlines. . . I mean. . . . thank you for putting up with such a long post.  I hope by some slight chance you're able to see just how much we enjoyed our trip home.  Next up!  P's birthday!  She'll be 4 in less than a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Anyone remember Christmas 2006?  Well, for kicks. . . .
I LOVE that 1/3 of us aren't even smiling, 1/3 of us are looking the wrong way and the other 1/3 of us appear clueless that the other 2/3 are goofy people!!!  Misty & I were both pregnant (she delivered one week after I did) yet she doesn't look near as miserably pregnant!  HA!  :) :) :)

Feel honored - I don't like to share this picture.  I swear I thought the girl was coming that day.  I've never felt more pregnant in my life than I did Christmas 2006!!!!!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!