As a member of the running club, the students participate in 3 local races/semester. In true "Laura" fashion, I immediately said, "Oh, C, that is so exciting - and we could run with you!!!" Turns out, the kids remembers things. . . . EVERYTHING!! It came time to register for the Zoo Run, and that statement immediately came back to haunt me. "Mom, are you signing up too? You know, to run with me?!?!?" If you know my boy, you know his love language (one of a few, actually) is "quality time", so being the good mom that I strive to be, I signed up. I said, "we'll train everyday". We trained twice (he did more - in running club). Zoo Run day arrived and I was ready to go! It's only 2k, how bad can it be? Well, for someone who doesn't run, that was bad. Trust. Me. On. This.
We did finish; C finishing before me (shocking, right?!?!?)
![]() |
| Following the Zoo Run. You can't tell, but I'm on the verge of losing my breakfast. . . along with all of the other meals I'd eaten the week prior! |
Three weeks later. . . . . I've trained . . . once . . . ran for 1/4 mile. Ya'll - I don't have good sense. I know this.
Regardless, we did it.
![]() |
| Tulsa Run - 2k Also - I said I'd provide proof that when pushed by an organized event, one will act out of character. This is me prior to running 2k = this is me out of character. |
Today - we received an email from the coach. She was taking the time to thank us for not dying during the race yesterday and to "remind" us that our next race was coming up in 5 weeks and, by the way, it's 5k. That's right. 2.5 times as long as the two that almost got the best of me. I cried inside, sent a text to a few friends - anyone with text that might feel sorry for me. Instead - they encouraged me. . ."YOU CAN DO IT!!!" "GO FOR IT!!!!" I'm so glad they have more faith in me than I do.
I promise to report the results of said run. And if anyone would like to join Matt & P at the finish line, I'm sure they'd appreciate the company! :) Bring hot chocolate and hand warmers, it's going to be COLD. Unless the OKWX is true to itself. . .then it'll be 80, in December.
And before I sign off, I will ask. . . . . Prayin' folks - please pray.


