Sunday, September 9, 2012

Being real. . .

Forgive me while I preach to myself, and hopefully help someone else.  I think there are few things that hurt worse that feeling completely helpless when someone you love is dealing with something painful - emotional or physical.  If you're anything like me, you have the desire to save the world - no one should feel pain because you ought to be able to say or do something to stop the pain.  The reality is I always come back to "who do I think am I?!?!?" and feeling pretty helpless - and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.   When all of my words fail, I go to God.  Why I don't do this in reverse order, I'll never really understand. . . . my ridiculous flesh, I'm sure.  But - even though I do it out of order, God always provides an answer in His Word.  He's such a great Dad - he ALWAYS has the answer.  I oftentimes picture Him sitting at a table listening to me and being genuinely concerned about what I'm sharing- just like my Daddy would do.  The difference is - He really DOES have all of the answers (sorry Daddy!).  And now, for those of you who find yourself walking through something similar, I offer the words I've found in His Word in response to my "Father, I need help - I don't know how to help - don't know what to say (or not say) - don't know what to do (or not do) - don't know what YOU want me to do".