1. When we moved from our rental home, I was so excited to be moving into our own home. That being said, the day after we moved, I went back to the rental to clean it up. When I finished, and it came time to leave, I sat in my car sobbing - SNOT-SOBBING - for 15 minutes. FIFTEEN MINUTES!! I swear I thought my heart was going to break in two. This was the home that we found shelter in during the hardest time of our lives. This was the home that protected our children from the harsh realities that come with financial ruin. This house was a huge blessing - and was our HOME - for a long time. Our landlord was a blessing, the house location was why we changed schools which ultimately proved vital for our son. I was a wreck! I remember the day we moved into the house, it was April 1, and there was a single yellow tulip blooming in this:
I knew it had bloomed just for me, so before I left this time, I took a picture of this lovely "well". Then - just as I was pulling myself together to drive, George Strait's "The Cowboy Rides Away" came on and I lost it all over again. I now cry every time I hear that song. It's ridiculous. I'm such a sob, ya'll!! So, to the house that was our home - thank you. I pray for the next occupants often, and I hope they feel as blessed by you as we did.
2. Pardon me while I agonize over first-world problems, problems that I only dreamed of having a couple years ago. . . . We recently purchased a new mattress. Let's take a moment to join the angels singing - we were SOOOO long overdue. We made the decision to move up to a king-sized bed. This means a new bed, bedding, pillows. . . it's slightly overwhelming. I'll save the bed conversation for later (not THAT kind of bed conversation), but thought I'd share the collection we went with for the bedding.
![]() |
| Home Classics Sarah Jacobean from Kohl's |
3. I sort of have disdain for Valentine's Day. It seems like just another excuse for us to spend money and feel the need to outdo last year or someone else (you know it's true. . .). But don't think I won't notice if my hubby overlooks it! ;)
4. My birthday is coming up, and I have two occasions to pick a restaurant. I have agonized over this for two weeks. I'm not normal. Just thought I'd share. You're welcome.


