Last weekend, we had the privilege of remembering a great man and spreading his ashes in one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. We went so deep in the Ozark mountains, on a peak that (I'm certain) is as close to heaven as one could get without actually going there. We drove for hours. At one point, I realized that we'd only passed one other vehicle, and as soon as I had reception (it had been over 4 hours since I had service), I texted my girlfriends to let them know that if I disappeared, I could be found in the same place they filmed Deliverance. But, seriously, it was stunning - and what a privilege it was to be a part of such a beautiful remembrance of Matt's grandpa.
Up there, so - very - close - to - heaven, there was a patch of daffodils tucked off on their own - as if perfectly preserved for such an occasion.
![]() |
| I wish I could've gotten closer, but it was rather hairy up there! |
There are times when life fells so heavy, so saturated with ick. If only we could take a shower to remove this ick the way that we do a hot-humid summer day.
There are times when we feel stone cold, unable to function, deadened by the circumstances we are surrounded by. If only curling up next to a heater would relieve these feelings.
There are times when life feels like it's falling apart around us. We feel like we're starving for the radiance of sunshine. If only taking in the beauty of fall foliage could put our life back together!
Then, there are moments where we are given a fresh start - a chance to try again - to be more vibrant, to grow taller - more beautiful than ever. That's our Spring!
The reality is that, just like nature, we'll experience every season - repeatedly - in our lifetime. John 16:33 guarantees this. But honestly - doesn't this make our Spring that much sweeter? Isn't it more vibrant when you know what darkness looks like? I'm not saying we should jump up and down and be absolutely thrilled when life just plain sucks, but I am suggesting that these hard times - the tough seasons - bring so much more radiance and beauty to our Spring season.
My prayer is that regardless of what season you are in, you can find peace in knowing that its just a season.
