I just looked. It's been almost 5 years since I wrote.

I started this blog because writing is my outlet. Telling the stories of my day, the exciting, the monumental, the sad, the awful (cue 'embed video') - generally just using my words - that's what I've always felt I should be doing. Some people are called to speak, others to sing, some to listen . . . mine is to write.
(Trigger warning for my precious family - theme song is a bit too familiar*)
I deactivated this blog because I didn't feel like I had anything valuable to add. Read: I bought the lie that my words had less value than anyone else's because I didn't have sponsors or even followers for that matter. And - at the time, my job and home life combined were plenty. I've spent much of this time regretting that decision.
I've spent the past many months missing "something". Could this be the 'Rona talking? You'd better believe it! But as I began to search deep, I realized it was my longing to connect that was causing such angst. Conversations with co-workers are short (and mostly via email/chat), we haven't seen our friends in MONTHS, I miss my family so very much, and we haven't been to church but a small handful of times since the end of March. Neither of us works remotely, so it's vital that we heed the warnings of the experts - to protect not only ourselves but those we work closely with. Anyway - I miss connections. I figured now was as good as any time to pick up the digital pencil and connect with anyone who cares to engage. Five years - it's no wonder I feel a bit lost!
So very much has happened in the past five years. I could never adequately recap this lost time of sharing, but I do aim to try.
*This theme song was my daddy's ring tone. My daddy took his first steps in Heaven early Thanksgiving morning last year. He left the most enormous hole in my heart - in my soul - and someday I'll be brave enough to discuss grief with you. Today isn't that day. XOXO
Cheers - to following one's passion!
XOXO