Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My first. . .

Field Trip, my first Field Trip as a mom.  C hasn't been on many, but they always fell on orientation days in the past.  This time - I GOT TO GO!!!  And I will tell you that I'm a nerd, sucker, cry baby. . . whatever. . . I literally choked up and spent 10 minutes fighting back tears after the buses started up and we began the caravan to the zoo.  Yes, I've been to the zoo and yes, I've been on a field trip, but I've never gone with my "soon-to-be" 2nd grader and all of his friends. 
We started with a picture of the two of us (the oldest looking like a hot mess)

But it was SOOO worth it! :)

I quickly developed a route that would land us at the playground in time for lunch and finish us up at the indoor exhibits so I didn't have a heatstroke!  I'm smart like that. . . sometimes.

My group was so much fun.  I was surprised at how well they behaved and was proud of myself for passing along the once-drilled-into-me message of "walk on the right side of the hall".  I cracked myself up along the way - most of them just stared at me like I was insane.

Such a good-looking crew! 
(And, no, you're not being given "the bird" like I initially thought when I downloaded the pics - those would be "peace" signs)

Our group was known as the "Monkeys" group.  C picked that for us "because I'm your monkey-man".  We even came up with a way to do a "monkey check" - this is when I say "monkey check" and each one responds with their number (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) in order - to show me that everyone was still accounted for.  They learn so quickly!  :)

Thought this picture was only appropriate. :)

My sweet "monkey-man"

We had a blast!!!!!
And now, I need a shower, foot massage and 2 more days of vacation!!!  :) :) :) :)

Sincerely,
One Happy Momma

1 comment: