Thursday, February 7, 2013

Babies!!!!

Last night was Sarah's baby shower (due in 7 weeks), and I had the distinct privilege of hosting it alongside THE party planner herself!  Sarah loves teal & pink, so we took those colors and ran! 

Did you know that you can create a secret board on pinterest AND set contributors?  It was great for pinning ideas for eachother to see (rather than emailing each one).  So much fun!!!

Joy found a punch recipe and altered it just slightly to make it pink - it was DELISH!!!!!!

Joy's mom made the cake - she makes the best cakes, PERIOD!

After doing a google search, I came across this tutorial and turned it into this:

We used tissue paper & coordinating gerber daisies (along with candles, various glass dishes, and candy!!) to make the centerpieces:

And the ever-talented Melissa put together this absolutely ADORABLE diaper cake:

Between Working Moms, Melissa's birthday, church, superbowl, and the shower, it was quite an adventurous weekend!

Now - we switch focus to our nephew.  I've been working with his beautiful momma to figure out what Aunt Laura can do to be most helpful.  So far, I've only come up with about 4,782,894 ways. . . hoping to settle on something soon.  He IS due in only 5 weeks, afterall!!!  :) :) :) :) :)

And - Katie is due in just 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The excitement is almost too much!!!

(UPDATE: as you can tell, I meant to post this on Tuesday.  It only took 2 days for me to remember to get the pictures!)  :)