Monday, December 1, 2014

Thankfulness part II

So often, we find ourselves wrapped up in the "doing" of Thanksgiving and Christmas that we fail to stop and smell, REALLY smell, the Turkey (sorry. . . ).  In the spirit of my stomach surviving the ungodly amount of food that I ate, I'd like to continue my thankfulness.

1. I'm thankful for a wonderful family. I'm thankful that we can go a very long time (although I don't like it) between gatherings and pick up where we left off. I'm thankful for belly laughs and tears from laughter.

2. I'm thankful that my baby sister's middle child thinks everyone on the planet is THE best thing since sliced bread - especially me. He is crazy, ya'll, hilarious and goofy - and he makes his momma nuts. But he is absolutely precious - I well up inside every time I think of him. I know it's not right to play favorites, but he's pretty much the best thing since sliced bread for me as well! PS - I'm also still very thankful for my precious babies - and for ALL of my nieces & nephews.

3. I'm thank for my family-in-love. I don't have the typical in-law relationships; I am blessed beyond measure where they are concerned. I'm thankful for the laughs around the table between my husband and his brother. And - I'm thankful that Mom2 & I got to pick up where we left off so many years ago (thanks to our move), and were able to go shopping together on Friday.
Our sweet nephew and my hunk of a husband just chilling after eating Thanksgiving dinner.
4. I'm thankful for food. Good food. I'm thankful that my daddy didn't disown me when I ate (I'm pretty sure) an entire pound of deer meat all by myself - not to mention the biscuits and gravy and fried potatoes. I'm also thankful that my husband hid his disgust as I ate like a hog.

5. I'm thankful for the opportunity to take part in the series, Fruits of the Spirit, with Mary-Keith, Wednesday, December 3!  For the entire series, go here.

I'm linking up with ember grey again!

Ember Grey: Grateful Heart