Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Finds: Feeling Blue

Wow! Having no home internet can make for a LONG week for someone who NEEDS to write to stay sane. But - I've been saved. We now have internet back, and while it may be late on Friday, here are my Friday Finds.

We now have two bathrooms. Let's take a moment of silence for this. . . . . . Amen. End Post

No, seriously . . . we now have to pick out another shower curtain. My cutie patootybubby bear, son made a very simple (and unexpected) request regarding the kids' bathroom. He wanted a blue shower curtain. This might have caused me grief in another lifetime, but recently I have found myself a bit infatuated with blues. It took me one trip to a store to fall in love with what I just knew he would love, and when I showed it to him, he approved!
Threshold Dot Grid from Target
It's on display in the store, but not available in stores. Sigh. We're anxiously patiently awaiting it's arrival.

Having closing delayed by a full week, with everything packed away, and having the week off from work, I had ample time to waste on Pinterest. And waste away, I did. But it led me to the next few finds, starting with this amazing color:
Photo Credit: Décor and The Dog, Farmhouse Dining Table Tutorial The color is Sherwin Williams: Smoky Blue
This tutorial is what will lead us into this 3-day weekend. My man is making us a dining table. I melt.

Since I'm slightly obsessive, I got lost on the DATD blog and found even more amazing blues. Because Nate & Michelle are awesome and share all of the details of their colors, etc., it was very easy to identify what I was crushing on!
I can't even bring myself to taint this swatch with lettering. It's Sherwin Williams: Pool House
I believe it's swoon-worthy.
Finally, stepping away from blues for a moment, there's my other new addiction, Houzz.com.  I don't even know what to do with myself. If you think Pinterest is intense, you ain't seen nothin' yet!

Can we just take a moment to recognize that January is already half over?

Happy Friday, ya'll!