Friday, January 9, 2015

Friday Finds: Random Thoughts, Again

Ya'll - we did finally close on our new home!!!!  We weren't able to move while we were already on vacation, so it's been a VERY long week.  But - here we are, pulling in to unload the first time.  To many it's just a Uhaul truck in front of a garage.  To me - it's the answer to one of my hearts greatest pleas.

You may have already seen this on Instagram
So here are some random thoughts from the past week:

1. People will take anything when they leave a home.  ANYTHING.  Guys, the sink stoppers were taken. You know - the ones that went with the garbage disposal that, fortunately, wasn't taken. Bulbs?! Yes, they take bulbs. It's silly, but also frustrating because I'd much rather use my money to buy a new shower curtain! It's all good - it provides us with comic relief.

2. There's something extremely sexy about my man sitting at a table, taking charge, and fulfilling a promise to both himself and his family. I'm not even kidding. Someone give this girl some water!

3. You know when your prayer for many months is "God, use me". . . the best reaction to Him doing so should not be a complete New Year's Eve meltdown (more on that later). I am unbelievably thankful for my friends and family who listened to me, loved on me and held me above water. No words, guys. No words.

4. I've resolved that we will never complete a move without destroying SOMETHING. This time, it was a little bit of paint and a really old speaker. I'm okay with that.

5. The radio somehow senses my situation and plays EXACTLY what I need.  Here are just a couple of the whispers of hope I received as I drove around the past couple of weeks, in the midst of what (at times) felt like the end of my little world:
Laura Story - "Blessings"
Amanda Cook & Bethel Music - "You Make Me Brave"

I'm off to find the floor of my new lovely garage!
XOXO