So, towards the end of my drive, I said to myself. . .
"Self, quit being concerned about what others think or say. Self, you know what God told you to do, and you enjoy doing it - regardless of whether or not others take you seriously. Self, others NEED to know they aren't alone; they need to know that life isn't all roses and lollipops like we see so often on the web. Self, remember what you said in the beginning - if you are able to help just one person, you've done what you were supposed to do."
I'd like to say that I don't talk to myself on a regular basis, but I'm sure you know that is definitely not the truth. If I'm shopping alone, it's even worse - I talk down to myself for looking on the wrong aisle for vinegar and laugh at myself when I pick up a poster that I really, really shouldn't get (it's distasteful) but I find amusing. And folks, when I'm driving. . . ugh. I really do need an outlet for all of this talk that I have going on inside of me. So, if you're still reading, thank you. I need you, and I hope I can help you out along the way!
In the interest of full disclosure, I also get very bored in a hotel room by myself. I don't get alone time - ever - like, seriously, never - ever. So I wasn't sure what to do with myself. I wrote this post and knew I need a picture for it. So, you're welcome.
Today, I'm grateful for laughter. I'm grateful for the blogs that I've come to thoroughly enjoy. I'm grateful for friends who won't let me be grumpy; for family who help to set me back into orbit. I'm grateful for the 12-year wedding anniversary I shared with The Overachiever earlier this week. Most of all, I'm grateful for life.
What are you grateful to this week? Comment below or join me as I link up with ember grey!
