And so faith, hope, love abide [faith--conviction and belief respecting man's relation to God and divine things; hope--joyful and confident expectation of eternal salvation; love--true affection for God and man, growing out of God's love for and in us], these three; but the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:13 (Amplified Bible)
Love is the greatest asset we have; it allows us to see potential in others, reach those who are lost and, through salvation, is our lifeline to our Heavenly Father.
Love is shown in many ways and we all have a love language(s) that we are more fluent in. Mine happen to be "Gifts" and "Words of Affirmation". I enjoy "Quality Time", "Physical Touch" and "Acts of Service" and I understand them as well, but Gifts & Words are definitely on the top of my list. That said, I'm feeling extra loved this week - despite the fact that this has been an extremely hard week for me.
I mention (a lot) just how blessed I am to work with such amazing people, but in reflecting over this week, I have to say it again. My best friends in the world came from relationships cultivated at work.
LaKisha - we worked together at UALR and while I miss her terribly and we don't talk near as much as we should, I love her with all my heart. She is so genuine, so honest and truly understand how to love - the God kind of love.
Dawn - we only worked together briefly, but we quickly bonded and have become the best of friends. We don't see each other often, but we chat almost daily - even if it's just "hi, I miss you!!!" She was my first friend in Tulsa and I know we will always be friends!
Now, I'm overwhelmed with new, amazing friends.
My boss is amazing (JMC) - she is the most genuine person you will ever meet. She means business - there's work to be done. . . but she has the most amazing way of encouraging and loving. I often tease her because she can literally call someone in and tell them, "you are not performing at your best, etc., etc." and they leave her office smiling as if she's just given them $1000 dollars to spend on "insert what you like to spend your money on".
My other boss (Barbara) is pretty amazing as well. If ever in doubt about something, ask Barbara - I can guarantee my life on the fact that she will tell the truth. She doesn't talk just to be talking and doesn't give empty compliments. When she tells you something, you know that she genuinely means it - 100%. So few people are that real and I am so blessed to be around her daily.
Then - this past year, God brought two new people into my life. Natalie came along earlier in the year and Amy Ann a few months later. If you ever doubt God's timing, call me - my entire life (and yours as well if you really stop to think about it) has been orchestrated by God's timing and it's a bit overwhelming - in a good way. God knew that I would need the personalities that each of them have to make it through one of the hardest times of my life. Everytime I thought it was too much to handle, a short talk with one of them would remind me of God's mercy, love and forgiveness and my ability (through Him) to extend it to those in my life. They are always so encouraging and they show me love in my love languages. I struggle with my appearance - a LOT - and to have such beautiful (inside and out) friends constantly affirming me with words is absolutely amazing.
And now . . . . the catapult for this long, exhausting post. . . . . "the coat"
They (along with many other work friends) blessed me yesterday with my very first "real" coat. What's in a coat??? Well - A) I've never had one that was worthy of tailoring when I lose the weight I'm working off. B) I REALLY wanted this coat because it kinda made me feel special, ha! and C) It's a reflection of their love for me. To know that they love me even half as much as I love them makes me an extremely blessed woman. Now if I could just stop dreaming of the many places I should go just to wear it!!!!!
Side note: I am blessed with MANY other friends at work (now and previous), but I suspect that you're tired of reading this sappy mess, so I will save you from myself! HA!

As my dear friends the Beatles say, "and, in the end, the love you take/ Is equal to the love you make." You spread a lot of love around, Laura, so it's no surprise that you get it in return.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how I missed this post when you put it up, but I just read it and got all sappy. I might have even gotten a little teary. You are a blessing! Waiting on Monday....
ReplyDelete