Sunday, January 23, 2011

SUNDAY!!!!

Before giving it much thought, I would say that I've come to dread Sunday - it's the day I feel most homesick. . . . . but today I was reminded of how much I actually LOVE Sunday.  It's the only day all four of us are together all day (excluding occasional flights). 

This afternoon we went to the pet store (two of them) - because that's how we roll, then we went to the grocery store, then back home to BAKE!!!!!!
I feel like a lump because I forgot to beg daddy to take pics while C & I baked Chicken Empanadas (DELICIOUS by the way), but he was around while P & I baked cookies. 
Here's a play-by-play of P's baking lesson.

First we measured all of our ingredients into our many handy-dandy Pampered Chef measuring devices. . .
 Then we pause for pictures. . .

Then we help mom by pouring in each ingredient - after we've discussed (again) what each of them is and how they smell (yes, she smelled every single one).  Baking soda was her least favorite!
(But we don't have pictures of that part!)
Then when we're finished with the mixer, we learn the most important lesson in baking. . .
How to lick the utensils!!!!!!
(Note her eyes as she checks to make sure she's doing it correctly!)

And then you express your joy for such delicious yumminess!!!!!


We didn't get a picture of our finished product. . .  but Daddy approved and that's what counts.  :) 

Now I just want to know if I earned enough WW activity points to justify the three cookies!!!!!

I did get an aftershot from C. . . . he's so proud!!!


YUP!  Sundays ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: