And the other day (just prior to leaving for her Christmas program (Christmas Part-I), she did her own photo shoot. . . . . further proof of her being a nut. . .
![]() |
| I'm inclined to say her daddy is to blame for these expressions. I feel that is necessary. HA! :) |
So. . . . we baked cupcakes from scratch. . . .
In the process, they changed into princess attire - because what other clothing could possibly be more appropriate?!?!?!
And then in true princess fashion, we licked the love out of the utensils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure who had more fun. . . the girls or me!!!! They giggled for hours and watched "The Wizard of Oz" and then did the one thing that usually doesn't happen at a sleepover. . . . they slept. . .
The following morning, we ate french toast (because this momma only needs a slight bit of an excuse to make & eat french toast) and make the frosting for the cupcakes. Turns out, you have to actually remove the butter from the freezer if you EVER want it to be room temperature. BUT - with a little love (and a slightly warm oven), we had frosting. . . 10 minutes before time to exit for our nail appointment!!!!
The nails had to be my favorite part! You see, I've really come to adore these girls (their momma's are my new, most amazing friends from church). . . and there was something pretty special about seeing the three of them lined up. It was almost as if I was catching a glimpse of 10 years from now in each of them. And enough of the sappy stuff. . . it was just stinking adorable!!!!!!!!
We then went to the park. . . . . .
. . . . . lunch and then the movies. At this point, this momma almost passed out. :)
BUT - instead, I was reminded that TWO MONTHS AGO, I had told P (when she asked if she could get her ears pierced) that we might be able to get her ears pierced during her "party". "K" had already left :( and "C"s parents were on their way. BUT they were gracious enough to go along with us to take P to get her ears pierced. I really do have the best friends ever!!!! :) :) :) :) They stood by while I tried to calm P's anxiety (she decided after all of the maneuvering to make it happen that she was now very afraid). . .
| That would be momma attempting to not break down in front of someone that she just instructed to "be brave" and my sweet princess crying oh so very loudly. . . . . . |
| and in the end, all was well - and we now have Hello Kitty earrings!! :) |
In the end, it was a FABULOUS birthday party. . . . and mommy & daddy slept VERY well Saturday night!!!! :)
Thank you, "C" & "K" for such a memorable birthday weekend! :)
Happy Birthday, Princess!!!! :)
P.S. - further proof of her ability to make us laugh daily. . . . when having a discussion about not eating out Sunday after church with her friend "C", I explained that the church as doing a fast and that once we were finished fasting as a church, I would talk to "C"s mom about doing lunch after church again. Her response was, "well, when is the church going to slow down so we can go eat?!?!"
I. Rest. My. Case. :)






This is great! What a fun birthday party!
ReplyDelete