Friday, April 11, 2014

Year in Review: Kindergarten Celebration

This post is perhaps the one that cause me the most shame.  My baby girl finished kindergarten with only a few commemorative Facebook posts.  In my defense, I wear a lot of hats.  :( Anywho. . . . excuses aside, P had the best kindergarten experience.  As I shared with her precious teacher (she really was the best), P had the kindergarten experience that every single child deserves.  She learned so very much, had the most kind teacher (who also demanded appropriate behavior), and developed some of the sweetest relationships.  She even had a "boyfriend"; his name was Matthew.  She thought it was only fitting that he was a "Matthew" because her favorite guy in the world also has that name! :)
During this year, we also experienced sorrows that will never be forgotten.  Most memorable was the Connecticut school shooting.  That was impossible to comprehend and even harder to talk to a 5-year-old about (or 8-year-old!). :(  I think about those parents often and I hug my babies a little tighter.  Not long after that, one of P's classmates was killed in a car accident.  The person he was with was drunk, the little boy wasn't buckled in, it was horrible.  (Note: it was during this loss that P got to share Jesus with one of her other friends. #proudmommamoment)  We talked through a lot during those months.  It was both the hardest and the most exciting school year I've experienced as a mom.
All of this said, it was only appropriate that they rocked out at the end of the year.  They sang the CUTEST song, "Kindergarten ROCKS" (which I can't find online and also can't find the video, boo!) and as you can see below, they LOVED it - just like they loved class all year long!


 




I'm so very proud of my "almost-finished-with-first-grade"-er.  She is such a joy in every way!

And on this note, I'd really like to go back to kindergarten.  I felt the need to put that out there.