Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday Finds: Random Notes

Today's :Friday Finds" is actually 5 random notes from me.  It's been a long week!

1. The more I read, the more I fall in love with other writers. Mary-Keith has quickly become one of my new favorites. I love that she is so real, and you can hear her heart in every word that she writes. She is currently doing a series on the Fruits of the Spirit - I highly recommend you follow and read! Side note: she has been kind enough to open one of her series date to me, and I'll be guest-blogging "Gentleness" in early December.  

2. House hunting is absolutely brutal. It's been a long time since we could even think about house hunting, so understand that I also feel overwhelmed by God's grace, mercy, redemption, you name it. Still - it's exhausting, and I'm finding it hard to really enjoy the process of looking for a new home with My Love. Please say a prayer for us.

3. Speaking of My Love, he's currently on a cross-country trek in a plane old enough to be my grandfather, and he's loving every minute of it.  At each stop, I get selfies or beautiful scenery pics. I'm so thankful he was given this opportunity (did you know it was ceremonial to retire a plane? Also, when a new one is acquired, it's christened?), and I'm also ready for him to come home now!



They are flying 2 planes out West.  This is a shot of his plane from the seat of the other plane.
4. Essential oils may be "all the rage" and cause some people to roll their eyes, but they aren't so "new age" in our family. I remember my mom using them when we were younger, and I've recently been reminded of them. I have friends who sell one brand and a sister that sells another, but mostly I'm excited because I'm surrounded by them! It was so nice to swing by my sister's house, on the way home from picking up my daughter from school - sick, and picking up a few remedy samples. I will end this by saying that she's in school today. She's not 100%, but she is doing much better.  Plus - my house smells AMAZING!!!

5. I've recently discovered that I truly am a crier. I can remember a time in my life - not too long ago - that I physically couldn't cry. I would go months without crying, knowing that if I could just have a good cry, the hurt wouldn't hurt so badly.  Still - I couldn't cry. I now cry at least every other day. 99.9% I am moved to tears by a kindness, or a sweet video, or a commercial, or the smile from my children, or my adoration for My Love, or redeeming love, or the writing of this little nugget of truth on a blog post. It's not all-out "bawling", just a tear or two usually, but I find peace in it. I find peace in knowing that I've allowed myself to feel again - to dream again.

I hope your weekend is full of fun and rest!!
XOXO