1. I should really work on figuring out a way to always have lunch ready immediately following church. Something about church makes me hungry. The struggle is real, and after about 11:50, all I can think of is every horrible thing I could eat in an instant. I think that if I knew there was something delicious waiting for me at home, I could put this hangry monster to rest!
2. I'm aging. Don't mishear me, I'm not saying I'm old. I have at least 50 years before I'm old. But, some recent events have really shown me that I'm just aging. I have "squinting" lines around my eyes. Oddly enough, I actually smiled when I saw them. There was something comforting about them - as if I'd somehow "arrived". Then, the other day I was in Tampa (business trip) and had taken a short break on the pool deck. I was digging pretty deep into the book that I was reading when a group of "kids" (they were at least 18) jumped into the pool to pass a football back & forth. It was all fun and games until that cute, little, precious, boy said "don't splash the lady". The lady?!?!?! I chuckled under my breath, wondering when it was that I became "the lady". Then there was the time in Chick-fil-a, a couple months ago, another cute, little, precious boy saw me carrying 4 drinks and 3 bags of food and offered, "ma'am, can I help you with those?". I kindly declined and as I walked off, I heard him tell his cute, little, precious friend "that's a mom, there!". So, yes, I'm aging. I'm an aging, lady mom and for whatever reason, I'm perfectly okay with that!
![]() |
| Case in point |
4. Gluten-Free Corn Dogs. Did anyone else's breakfast just attempt an escape?!?! No?!? Well, yuck.
5. Happiness is. . . a good pair of tights. I have found them; I have found the perfect pair. Words can't describe my excitement. This is coming from someone who technically hates tights as they seem very childish (maybe because my daughter wears tights). But these days, I find myself dressing for the tights. They're perfectly opaque, soft - not itchy, don't roll, they're supportive, and did I mention, THEY DON'T ROLL! The only problem is that they only come in black. Check them out - and then buy every pair you can. HURRY!!!!
